Saturday, March 11, 2006

March 11, 2006
Well, things are slowly coming along on the revisions for Yesterday's Innocence - The Learning Curve. I've got three critique partners so the majority of problems should be pinpointed in the rewrites and corrected. I've even upped Mickie's age by about 4 years, which means Mark's age jumped too. I'm happy with the changes. It allows more freedom for them and for me.

Sent off a blurb and short synopsis to Avon Books. Wasn't the best way to intro the manuscript, but there you have it. It took them a week, but I got a form rejection from them last night via email. I'm going to make a scrapbook of these rejections and then, when my book hits #1 on the Times Best Sellers List, send them all a postcard with "I toldja!" on it. *Just Kidding*

Anyone who is in this business of writing, try to take your time and get it as close to right the first time and avoid rewrites like a plague.

2 Comments:

Blogger K.A.S. said...

Good luck at Avon! Hope you hear good things - and quickly.

5:00 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Ah man, don't you hate those quick rejection emails? I'm waiting on one right now! LOL. You'll get there someday, just believe in your writing and be persistant.

11:26 AM, March 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home