Monday, December 18, 2006

Nutter's Gang

Have to thank M.E. here for her wonderful, unsolicited praise of The Learning Curve on her blog at Nutter's Gang. I was pleasantly surprised when I googled my pen name and found she had honored me with such a treat! This woman can write psycho stuff that just makes you shiver, and double check your doors at night to make sure they are locked! So, her praise of TLC really rocks in my book! Thanks, lil'darlin'!

I've put Boughs of Holly - my bdsm novella - on hold. It was suppose to be Christmas themed, but that's got to change now. At any rate, I was talking to my DH and DS yesterday out on the front porch, while enjoying these wonderfully mild temps, and came up with such a fantastic storyline! DH and DS are computer game diehards, and the DS started talking about the new features of the Wii system. It seems that this system actually senses your arm movements while playing a game, so you are kinda in a virtual environment. I spoke up and said I'd probably be interested in it if they ever came out with a system that actually created a virtual world, where you were actually within it. LIGHT BULB!!! So, last night I began working on Virtual Lovers, a futuristic world not too far away in the year 2020 (figured that would be good...hindsight...foresight...seeing well, etc.) The story is about two BBWs who live and work together. No b/fs to speak of since high school and these ladies are mid-twenties. So, this new, recently approved technology company opens in town in their neighborhood that offers Virtual Worlds for a fee. One doesn't trust the new technology...the other is dying for some tender loving care. When her friend refuses to try it, the other darts in and goes for it. This is going to be a stretch for me, but I found I enjoy creating new worlds/fantasy when I wrote my last ebook, The Goblin, The Witch and the Single Girl. I expect this one to be between 5k-12k, which will fit the Phaze Heat Sheets criteria! We'll see!

Was suppose to take DH back to Duke this week in Durham, NC, but we cancelled the appointment and will reschedule for sometime after the first of the year.

One of the 3 remaining aunts (my dad's side) isn't doing well and it is just a matter of time now. It's part of life, I know. But, once they are gone, all of his family (siblings) will be gone...the end of a generation. Kind of sad when put in that perspective.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping. Just not with it this year. Unusual for me, cos' I'm known to jump in with both feet for the Christmas holidays, but not this year. *sigh* Maybe next year. Oh, I have put up a small tree, a few decorations, and sent out Christmas cards. Even strung lights on a few bushes in front of my porch. But, it's not my usual flair. I wouldn't have bothered with that if it wasn't for my DH's health and not knowing if he would be with us next Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Heart said...

I'm so glad to see you workin hard sis. Your story idea sounds fantastic. Love it!

Of course the book is good! GO ME for seeing that. HUGS

Relax and make it through Christmas. Maybe you need some eggnog. *G*

I'm proud of your stamina and wish I had even half your strength.
Much love to you and hubby.

12:29 AM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home