Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting Antsy

Well, in just a few short days, I'll know whether or not Amber Quill Press is accepting me as one of their new authors. They announce the winners of their annual contest - held the first two weeks of each year - on Thursday, March 1st. I can't believe March is just around the corner already!

I've been getting some fantastic reviews on The Goblin, The Witch, and the Single Girl. Romance Junkies gave it a 4.5 rating and so far all 4's from everyone else. I'll post some of them with the links here in a bit. In the meantime you can always read them on my website at
http://www.canicebrown-porter.com/goblin.html.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
I had friends drive down from Charlottesville and take me out to Cattle Annie's for the Chris Young concert. Had another friend join us to help me celebrate my birthday, too. However, I really have to plug their fantastic opening act, The LoCash Cowboys. What an absolutely phenomenal group. They are on myspace at:
http://www.myspace.com/thelocashcowboys. Be sure to check them out. They've got music there of their latest songs and they said last night that they have now gotten a recording contract! Magnificient. Because from what I saw and heard out of them last night...they are awesome! My friend took a picture of me with Chris and his brother Preston - the two lead singers. Cuties they are! I'll get the pic posted here soon, too.

On Friday, I got a real job working at home. I went in to the office (about 2 hours away) on Friday and I went back today for hands-on training. I'll be working from home and the starting pay was really decent considering my commute will take all of about 10 seconds.

Okay, I'll post more later. Happy writing and reading everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home