Tuesday, March 28, 2006


Is it soup yet?
I managed to crawl into bed this morning at 2AM, but I slept until 9:30AM. I never ever sleep more than 4½ - 5 hours! So, I guess I gained some of the sleep I lost the past 24+ hours. Anyway, I didn't do much of anything except play around with a cover design for the novel I'm editing and polishing at the moment. What do you think?
Here's a blurb for this first in the series of five:
Michelle 'Mickie' Steele, a 20 year-old dance instructor, has devoted her entire life since age three to dance classes. She's armed with her single goal of becoming one of the most sought after instructors by aspiring dancers. She strives to keep her heart under constant surveillance to avoid the pitfalls of love and relationships. But her heart rebels when she meets her 26 year-old pen pal, Mark Brolin, an eight-year career Naval officer whom her cousin had set her up with nine months earlier. With a 30-day leave, he’s back in the states from a one-year tour of duty on the other side of the world.


Mark, with the confidence and command of a Naval officer, has never allowed a woman to alter his career plans. Until now. With the ability to goad him into losing control of his thoughts and heart, Mickie accomplishes what others before her had failed to do...having him second guess his meticulously well-laid plans. With their defenses weakened, they struggle against what their hearts demand. When love blossoms, they accept their fates, until fate steps in with its own set of plans.

Injured aboard ship, Mark is paralyzed from the waist down. Mickie fights to keep their love alive. Mark resolves to do what is best for her. Set her free.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marci Baun said...

I have an active brain anyway, but I do so much ediing and revising that my brain buzzes at night and I can't wind down to sleep.

9:04 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Hm... It sounds intriguing, Brenda. I like the cover. You are a graphic artist too?

Kit

2:33 AM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Brenda (aka: Canice Brown-Porter) said...

Hey Kit,
Yes, I've been a graphic artist for over two decades. Love to paint, sketch, and do the digital thing. Do more of the digital art stuff than the other though.

9:47 AM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger K.A.S. said...

Wow, nice cover! Great job.

9:14 AM, April 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home