Sunday, May 07, 2006

Getting It Done!

Well, I finished my two short stories for the ebook that will be published through Freya's Bower and their new Bites! line. I sent the rough drafts to my editor in the very wee hours of Friday morning. My deadline wasn't until Monday, but my CP had gone over it and I went over it a couple of times before I sent it. Now, I'll wait to hear from my editor, Melanie. Still don't have a publish date, but I should hear something in the next few weeks. Freya's Bower is really putting out some great cover art for these Bites!

Still waiting to hear from Liquid Silver Books. I imagine I've got another month or so on that one though.

I'm talking to Freya's Bower about their upcoming Goddess Freya series. I'd love to do a novella or novel length on this topic for them. The possibilities are endless. I'll be sending a short outline/proposal idea to them on Monday or Tuesday this week.

I have plans to try to finish my BDSM erotica within the next 2 weeks. I'd like to have it ready to submit to Liquid Silver or Ellora's Cave by June 1st.

My other WIP is the historical time travel I began back in February. I'd like to submit that one to Cobblestone Press. However, this one is going to be a full length novel between 60-80K words, so it will probably be July or August before it will be ready to submit.

I'm really pleased with the way my writing is going at the moment. I didn't think I'd meet my 2006 goal so early in the year. (To be a published author) I at least wanted a contract in hand whether the book actually came out in 2006 or later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Congratulations, Brenda! I wish I had your writing chops. Right now, I am stuck. Oy! Stuck, stuck, stuck. And it sucks big time. (sigh)

Kit

P.S. Aren't the editors at Freya's Bower really nice?

2:14 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Brenda (aka: Canice Brown-Porter) said...

Thanks, Kit. What kind of stuck? Plot? Character? Writer's Block? Maybe I could help. Email me!

Yes, everyone has been fantastic at Freya's Bower.
Brenda

10:24 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Silma said...

See what you get when you keep the faith? *g*

4:57 PM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home